UltraClean® Tissue & Cells DNA Isolation Kit
For isolating genomic DNA from animal tissues, rodent tails and cultured cells without using organic solvents.
- Rapidly isolate high quality and high molecular weight DNA from animal tissues or cultured cells in less than 20 minutes without the use of hasardous organic solvents
- DNA is ready for PCR, restriction digests, and all downstream applications
- Novel bead beating method for hands-off homogenization
- Lyophilized Proteinase K has been included in the kit for processing tough tissue samples
The UltraClean® Tissue & Cells DNA Isolation Kit is ideal for isolating genomic DNA from cultured cells or animal tissues, including rodent tails. Isolated DNA is high quality and ready for PCR, restriction digests, and other downstream applications. The UltraClean® Tissue & Cells DNA Isolation Kit is safe and user-friendly because it avoids the use of organic solvents like phenol and chloroform.
The UltraClean® Tissue & Cells DNA Isolation Kit is designed for isolating DNA from 1-25 mg tissue samples or up to 5 x 106 cells.
Fresh or frozen tissue samples are homogenized using bead beating technology to lyse the cells. Lysates are loaded onto a silica spin filter. DNA binds to the silica spin filter while contaminants pass through. Remaining contaminants and enzyme inhibitors are removed by a wash step. Pure DNA is then eluted into Tris buffer.This kit requires a microcentrifuge, vortex and our Vortex Adapter.
This kit contains an optional step for tough tissue samples such as bone, hair and mouse tails. Lyophilized Proteinase K has been included in this kit for processing these tissue samples.
Click to try a sample.
Research and Development
High Quality DNA
Ready for Restriction Digestion
Genomic DNA isolated from mouse tissues using the UltraClean® Tissue & Cells DNA Isolation Kit was digested with EcoR I and displayed on a 1.2% TAE agarose gel. Lanes 1,3,5,7,9: undigested DNA. Lanes: 2,4,6,8,10: Digested DNA.
|Lanes 1,2: Brain
Lanes 3,4: Heart
Lanes 5,6: Kidney
||Lanes 7,8: Liver
Lanes 9,10: Spleen
Lane 11: 1 kb marker
Comparison of time required to isolate genomic DNA from animal tissue using different Tissue DNA Isolation Systems. Bars indicate time required to perform procedure without tissue lysis (blue) and with tissue lysis steps included (red).
Click over image to enlarge
||Silica Spin Filter Tubes
||Up to 40 µg per filter
||1 - 24 samples
|Animal Tissues Tested
with UltraClean® Tissue Kits
- Mouse Tails
- Bone Marrow
Store at room temperature for up to 2 years.
- Erik Larsson, Valentina Tremaroli, Ying Shiuan Lee, Omry Koren, Intawat Nookaew, Ashwana Fricker, Jens Nielsen, Ruth E Ley, and Fredrik Bäckhed. Analysis of gut microbial regulation of host gene expression along the length of the gut and regulation of gut microbial ecogut.bmj.com/content/early/2011/11/23/gutjnl-2011-301104.fulllogy through MyD88. Gut, Aug 2012; 61: 1124 - 1131.
- Umaimainthan Palendira, Carol Low, Andrew I. Bell, Cindy S. Ma, Rachel J.M. Abbott, Tri Giang Phan, D. Sean Riminton, Sharon Choo, Joanne M. Smart, Vassilios Lougaris, Silvia Giliani, Rebecca H. Buckley, Bodo Grimbacher, Frank Alvaro, Amy D. Klion, Kim E. Nichols, Stephen Adelstein, Alan B. Rickinson, and Stuart G. Tangye. Expansion of somatically reverted memory CD8+ T cells in patients with X-linked lymphoproliferative disease caused by selective presswww.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22493517ure from Epstein-Barr virus. J. Exp. Med., Apr 2012; 10.1084/jem.20112391.
- Kevin W. Bruhn, Ron Birnbaum, Jacquelyn Haskell, Veena Vanchinathan, Stephanie Greger, Rupa Narayan, Pei-Lin Chang, Thu Anh Tran, Suzanne M. Hickerson, Stephen M. Beverley, Mary E. Wilson, and Noah Craf. Killed but Metabolically Active Leishmania infantum as a Novel Whole-Cell Vwww.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22323556accine for Visceral Leishmaniasis. Clin. Vaccine Immunol., Apr 2012; 19: 490 - 498.