- Rapidly isolate DNA from animal tissues or cultured cells in less than 20 minutes.
- Yields high quality DNA up to 50 kb plus
- DNA is ready for PCR, restriction digests, and all downstream applications.
- Novel bead beating method for hands-off homogenization.
- Safe procedure avoids the use of hazardous organic solvents.
- Lyophilized Proteinase K has been included in the kit for processing tough tissue samples.
The UltraClean® Tissue & Cells DNA Isolation Kit is ideal for isolating genomic DNA from cultured cells or animal tissues, including rodent tails. Isolated DNA is high quality and ready for PCR, restriction digests, and other downstream applications. The UltraClean® Tissue & Cells DNA Isolation Kit is safe and user-friendly because it avoids the use of organic solvents like phenol and chloroform.
The UltraClean® Tissue & Cells DNA Isolation Kit is designed for isolating DNA from 1-25 mg tissue samples or up to 5 x 106 cells.
Fresh or frozen tissue samples are homogenized using bead beating technology to lyse the cells. Lysates are loaded onto a silica spin filter. DNA binds to the silica spin filter while contaminants pass through. Remaining contaminants and enzyme inhibitors are removed by a wash step. Pure DNA is then eluted into certified, DNA-free Tris buffer.This kit requires a microcentrifuge, vortex and our Vortex Adapter.
This kit contains an optional step for tough tissue samples such as bone, hair and mouse tails. Lyophilized Proteinase K has been included in this kit for processing these tissue samples.
|Format||Silica Spin Filter Tubes|
|Starting Amount||25 mg|
|Binding Capacity||Up to 40 µg per filter|
|Throughput||1 - 24 samples|
|Animal Tissues Tested
with UltraClean Tissue Kits
|Dry Bead Tubes||2|
|Solution TD1||2.8 ml|
|Solution TD2||1 ml|
|Solution TD3||220 µl|
|Proteinase K Solution||44 µl|
|2 ml Collection Tubes||4|