PowerLyzer® UltraClean® Microbial DNA Sample Kit
For isolation of high quality DNA from microbial cultures and optimized for use with bead based homogenizers like the PowerLyzer® 24.
*Limit 1 per order
- Rapidly purifies DNA from microbial cultures in 20 minutes
- Contains new bead tubes optimized for use with bead based homogenizers such as the PowerLyzer® 24
- Yields high quality and high molecular weight DNA that is ready for PCR, restriction digests and other downstream applications
- Isolates DNA from yeast, fungi, Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria
- No hazardous organic solvents or enzymes required
The PowerLyzer® UltraClean® Microbial DNA Isolation kit is designed to isolate high quality genomic DNA from 1.8 ml of microbial culture on bead-based homogenizers. A variety of microorganisms including bacterial spores and fungal types have been tested successfully with this kit.
The principal of this kit is to lyse the microorganisms by a combination of heat, detergent, and mechanical force against specialized beads. The cells are lysed using our specially designed PowerLyzer® 24 bead based homogenizer. The released DNA is then bound to a silica spin filter, washed and the DNA is recovered in certified DNA-free Tris buffer. The PowerLyzer® UltraClean® Microbial DNA Isolation Kit requires our PowerLyzer® 24 homogenizer for maximum cell lysis efficiency.
Speed your protocol up to 20% in using our PowerVac™ Manifold Mini System!
Click over image to enlarge
Store at room temperature for up to 2 years.