- Process 96 microbial samples in 1.5 hours.
- Yields DNA greater than 50 kb in length ready for PCR, restriction digests and other downstream applications.
- Isolate DNA from yeast, fungi, Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria with a silica spin plate format.
- Centrifuge and centrifuge/vacuum protocols provided.
- All tubes and reagents required are included in kit and ready to use.
- No hazardous organic solvents or enzymes required.
The UltraClean-htp® 96 Well Microbial DNA Isolation Kit is designed to isolate high quality genomic DNA from microorganisms in a 96 well format. This kit requires a plate centrifuge and a 96 well Plate Shaker. Both centrifuge and centrifuge/vacuum protocols are provided. A variety of microorganisms including bacterial spores and fungal types have been tested successfully with this kit.
The microbial cells are added to a bead beating plate containing beads, bead solution and lysis solution. The principal is to lyse the microorganisms by a combination of heat, detergent, and mechanical force against specialized beads. The cellular components are lysed by mechanical action using a 96 well Plate Shaker. From the lysed cells, the released DNA is bound to a silica spin plate. The plate is washed, and the DNA is recovered in certified DNA-free Tris buffer.
|Lane 1: Marker
Lane 2: E. coli
Lane 3: E. faecalis
Lane 4: B. subtilis
Lane 5: P. fluorescens
|Lane 6: C. albicans
Lane 7: C. albicans
Lane 8: S. cerevisiae
Lane 9: S. cerevisiae
DNA was purified from various microorganisms and displayed on 1.2% TAE agarose gel.
|Format||Silica Spin Plate|
|Binding Capacity||Up to 20 µg per well|
with UltraClean Kit
|Microbead Solution||1 x 127 ml||1x 381 ml|
|Solution MD1||1 x 26 ml||1 x 78 ml|
|Solution MD2||1 x 43 ml||1 x 129 ml|
|Solution MD3||1 x 340 ml||1 x 1020 ml|
|Solution MD4||12 x 30 ml||36 x 30 ml|
|Solution MD5||1 x 43 ml||1 x 129 ml|
|2 ml Collection Plates||12||36|
|1 ml Collection Plates||4||12|
|Round Well Mats||8||24|