- Results in high quality plasmid DNA containing less then 0.1 EU/µg in less time
- Produces DNA suitable for transfection and injection
- Utilizes a simple silica spin filter for DNA yields equal to anion exchange columns
- Rapid protocol with no additional affinity columns required to remove lipopolysaccharides
The UltraClean® Endotoxin-Free Maxi Plasmid Prep Kit* integrates an efficient endotoxin removal step into the plasmid purification procedure to make it the fastest endotoxin-free maxi prep method available. Purified, endotoxin-free DNA is suitable for transfection and injection.
No additional affinity columns to remove lipopolysaccharides are required. Cells are lysed with an improved set of alkaline lysis reagents. Endotoxins are selectively precipitated in a specialized buffer. The plasmid DNA is bound to a silica spin filter, washed once and released into endotoxin-free water (provided). The plasmid DNA is concentrated enough to be used directly in transfection experiments.
Endotoxins, also known as lipopolysaccharides, are cell membrane components of Gram-negative bacteria such as E. coli. Endotoxins are released during the lysis step of plasmid purification and significantly reduce transfection efficiencies in endotoxin-sensitive cell lines. Endotoxins represent a non-controllable variable in transfection experiment setup, making results difficult to compare and interpret.
* DNA isolated with this kit should be used for research purposes only.
|Format||50 ml Silica Spin Filter Tubes|
|Method||Alkaline Lysis/Endo Removal|
|Binding Capacity||Up to 1 mg per filter|
|Throughput||1 - 4 samples|
|Endotoxin Level||<0.1 EU/µg|
Spin Filters In Tubes
50 ml Collection Tubes
|1 x 27.5 ml
1 x 55 ml
1 x 82.5 ml
1 x 33 ml
1 x 165 ml
1 x 75 ml
1 x 30 ml